Nickerson House dental clinic

All Titles

  • Nickerson House dental clinic

Dublin Core

Title

Nickerson House dental clinic

Description

The Nickerson House dental clinic.

The Providence Health Department provided clinical services to residents including various immunization programs, dental care, pulmonary X-ray clinics, and physicals for elementary school children.

During the school year from 1963-1964, the department provided health services to 24 elementary and 6 secondary parochial schools. Staff nurses visited newly reported tuberculosis cases and had a caseload of 973 families. The x-ray clinic took 6938 chest X-rays. The department provided immunizations for small pox, polio, and diphtheria. Immunization programs included the elderly residents at Dexter Manor and Hartford Park. Immunizations for tetanus were provided to police, fire and public works employees. Flu shots were provided to all city employees, as well as public and private school teachers.
Source: Annual Report for the Health Department for the City of Providence, 1964

See also:
Department of Health Library records, 1850-2006

Eighty Fifth Annual Report upon the Births, Marriages and Deaths in the City of Providence 1939, 1940

Report upon Sanitary Effects of Filling the Cove Basin in the City of Providence, 1868

Source

Providence Health Department photographs

Publisher

Rhode Island State Archives

Date

1964

Rights

Copyright is in the public domain unless otherwise specified. We reserve the right to restrict reproduction of materials due to preservation concerns.

Format

jpeg

Language

eng

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

photo

Citation

Providence Health Department, "Nickerson House dental clinic ," in Virtual Exhibits, Item #670, http://sos.ri.gov/virtualarchives/items/show/670 (accessed November 18, 2017).