Watch Hill Yacht Club, c. 1925
- Watch Hill Yacht Club, c. 1925
On July 19, 1913, a Constitution and By-Laws were adopted and the Club organized with the following officers: Commodore, W. J. Battey
Vice Commodore, F. J. Kingsbury, Jr.
Rear Commodore, Francis Dunham
Fleet Surgeon, Dr. W. R. Lewis
Secretary, F. S. Turnbull
Treasurer, C. Robinson
The racing fleet of 1913 consisted of a one design class of 12 slooprigged Swampscott Dories, 21 feet long, also a handicap class of five sloops of various lengths.
Source: Watch Hill Yacht Club: History
Westerly Town Charter (certified copy), November 5, 1968
Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission: Statewide Preservation Reports, 1975 - 1982
Guide to Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation Division of Tourism photographs
Department of Economic Development - Videotapes, Tourism, 1977-1992