Capital Center Commission
Chairman Deming E. Sherman
Administrative Officer Christopher J. IseView Boards Database Record for this entity.
- c/o City of Providence, Department of Planning and Development
444 Westminster St., Suite 3A
Providence, RI 02903
- Office Phone: 401-680-8400
- TTY: 711
- Fax: 401-680-8492
- E-Mail:cise at providenceri.com
Annual Budget: $17,000
TThe Capital Center District is comprised of 77 acres in Providence bounded by I-95, Smith Street, Gaspee Street, Canal Street, Steeple Street, Exchange Terrace and West Exchange Street. The Capital Center Commission (“CCC”) is a 15 member Commission created by State Enabling Legislation in 1981 and City Ordinance in 1982 to review and approve all development within the Capital Center District in conformance with the CCC’s Design and Development Regulations.
Oversee all development and improvements within the Capital Center District in conformance with its Design and Development Regulations. This oversight includes review of massing, height, setbacks, parking, landscaping, lighting, signage and building materials.more staff . . .
Upcoming Meetings as Filed with the Office of the Secretary of State
Recently Submitted Meeting Minutes
Recently Promulgated Regulations
- Chairperson of the Finance Committee of the Providence City Council
- Chairperson of the Comm. on Urban Redevelopment, Renewal, and Planning in the City of Providence
- Carl J. Abelson III
- Annette Angeli
- Gregory Benik
- Melvin Bilezerian
- Antoinette F. Downing
- Stephen Durkee
- Wilfrid L. Gates Jr.
- Sheldon Gerber
- V. Duncan Johnson
- William Kite
- Sen. John F. McBurney III
- Robert A. Reichley
- Robert A. Riechley
- Sen. Dominick J. Ruggerio as designee for Chairperson of the Senate Committee on Corporations
- Deming E. Sherman Esq.
- Christopher J. Thomas
- Rep. Peter N. Wasylak as designee for Chairperson of the House Committee on Corporations
- Martha L. Werenfels