The Rhode Island Department of State issues refunds for statutorily required filing fees mandated by Rhode Island General Law. All refunds, regardless of original payment method, will be issued by the Rhode Island Office of the General Treasurer. Download the full refund policy.
What is refundable?
- Duplicate filings and/or payments.
- Rejected documents that are not corrected within 30-days from the date the document was submitted to this office.
To request a refund, please complete and submit the electronic refund request form. From the date of your request, expect a processing time of 14 business days. A check will then be issued by the General Treasurer.
What is non-refundable?
- Filing fees paid for valid transactions.
- Overpayments in the amount of $10 or less.
- Expedited/Enhanced access fees.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (401) 222-3040.