Washington County Court House Commission (1891-) | State Archives Catalog
Name: Washington County Court House Commission (1891-)
Historical Note: The undersigned commissioners were first appointed by the General Assembly on the thirteenth day of May, A. D. 1891, to obtain plans and to receive proposals for a site for a new Court House in Washington County. They performed that duty and made report of their doings to the General Assembly at the January Session, A. D. 1892, which report is on file in the office of the Secretary of State. At the January Session, A. D. 1893, an appropriation was made of forty thousand dollars to build a new Court House in Washington County, to be expended under the direction of the same commission. The first meeting of the commission to take action nuder this vote was held in Providence, May 24th, A. D. 1893, when a general plan of procedure was agreed upon.