Building A was constructed in 19I2 and designed by Martin and Hall Architects, a prolific Providence architectural firm. In 2008 Building A was determined to be a highly significant contributor to the Howard Avenue Campus of the State Institutions Historic District. The district is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion A, for its expression of the state 's involvement in the care and treatment of the indigent during a period of dramatic social change, and under Criterion C, as a demonstration of a unity of landscape and architecture and part of one of the best Georgian Revival-style complexes in Rhode Island.
Designed by Clarke and Howe Architects, constructed in 1923 and used as a patient residence, Building D is a contributing building within the boundaries of the Howard Avenue Campus of the State Institutions Historic District, which was determined eligible for the National Register of Historic Places in 2008. The district is significant under Criterion A as an expression of the state 's involvement in the treatment and care of the indigent and mentally ill during a period of dramatic social change. 11 was also determined eligible under Criterion C as representative of the major work of one of the state 's important architectural firms of the midtwentieth century, creating one of the most cohesive statements of the Georgian Revival style in Rhode Island.
Scope and Contents: Records consists of photographs, written historical and descriptive data for Buildings A and D of the Pastore Center located in Cranston, Rhode Island as part of the Pastore Center Demolition Project. Also includes an Index to Photographs and a Key to Photographs.