337 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 222-2353
Fax: (401) 222-3199
Open to the public
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
created per 1948 Public Law Chapter 2152
An Act Creating the Narragansett Bay Bridge Authority and Prescribing its Powers and Duties
- created as a body corporate and politic, the authority constitutes an agency of the state for the purposes of the act and shall consist of nine members
- to adopt bylaws and official seal, to maintain an office, to sue and be sued in its own name
- to construct the Newport bridge and acquire the Jamestown bridge subject to the provisions of the act.
- to issue a single issue of bridge revenue bonds, to fix and revise tolls for traffic over the Newport and Jamestown bridges, to acquire, hold and dispose of real and personal property in the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties under the act
- to make and enter into all contracts and agreements necessary and incidental to the performance of its duties and the execution of its powers under the act,
- to receive and accept from any federal agency grants for or in aid of the construction of the Newport bridge
- Acquire Jamestown bridge and ferry franchise title to the Jamestown bridge shall vest in the authority